Skip to main content

Make Your Body FEEL BETTER.

You gotta take supplements guys.

I'd love to say that our healthy diets are providing us with all the nutrition and micronutrients we need - but  - it just doesn't cut it. Eating a carrot with lunch, some salmon and a handful of spinach and broccoli at dinner isn't giving your body what it needs to stay above the wellness line.

Micronutrients are required for normal growth and development of cells (organisms).

2000 IU of Vitamin D is recommended for adults between 19-50 years old and double that for when you're 50-65 years old.

Guys. Taking omega 3's can help with depression. WHAT. (here)
The one I take has DHA and EPA as well as some Vitamin D & E. Also Clove - Google clove guys.

Friends, we are constantly being bombarded with pollution / toxins / emotional and physical stressers.
We don't get enough sleep / movement / sun and our bodies have a hard time keeping up with the pollutants we are subjected to! Vitamins and minerals aid our bodies deal with these stressors and help us maintain normal body functions.

I did some basic research and found this list of questions helpful when looking into taking a multivitamin.

- Does it contain folate? Some bodies have a hard time converting folic acid to be helpful for their bodies, you need folate!
- Look for extras! Hopefully the vitamins you choose have some extras - what I take has bonus tumeric, fruit and veggie extracts!
- You probably want Vitamin K2 (over K1 - because we do ge more K1 from our diets than K2!).
- If what you're taking doesn't have Vitamin D or Calcium - take those separately (especially calcium for women!).

Lastly, if you want recommendations for vitamins I can help you out! I take Young Living supplements because their quality control is amazing, they hold incredibly high standards for all of their product. They offer great discounts as a member, and I can show you how that works if you have questions.






xxoo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midnight in Paris

I just stumbled upon these seriously gorgeous photos of Marion Cotillard and had to share! I am now itching to see Midnight in Paris because of its 93% rating from Rotten Tomatoes {and dang it's hard to please them!}. Have you seen it, did you enjoy it? xxoo

Weekend

This weekend M and I got to go to Portland and spend some time with my sister and her family. She has two little boys and one on the way, so every second has noise/crying/laughter. Joellen and I got to spend some time away (went to the mall) which was a perfect break from chaos. I did get quite a bit of knitting done and was able to post some new stuff up on my Etsy shop ! I also got three custom orders (yay!!). If you see anything on my site you like but are interested in a different size, color or color combos just let me know! Here is a peek of my new product!

Liebster Award!

Earlier this week Rachel from  Butler Diaries  nominated me for the Liebster award, which is a way for smaller blogs to connect with other small blogs. I love Rachel's blog, she is always so real and honest about her life and amazingly sweet.  The Rules: Thank the person who nominated you and link your post to their blog. List 11 facts about yourself then answer the 11 questions given to you. Create 11 more questions for your 9 nominees, all of whom have 200 or less followers. Comment on their blogs informing them of the Liebster Award nomination. 11 FACTS ABOUT ME: 1.  I just opened my own Etsy shop!   KnitPurlStitch ! 2.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE CrossFit. 3.  I still have a quilt my mom made me when I was 2.  I've had to stitch it up a few times and so its name is now 'Frankie Blankie'.  Its weird. I know. 4.  I used to eat ramen noodles daily.  Now I don't even know the last time I ate them. I miss them :)...