January 02, 2012

2011 holidays


the last few weeks of last {whattt?} year were crazy hectic.  a trip to Coos Bay  the 17th-19th, big sis Naomi in town 20th-23rd, family train ride to the North Pole (via mt. hood polar express) on christmas-eve-eve, husband getting sick, me getting sick, the awesome fondue party with the 'Grassgrabbers' and Watkins and finally bringing in 2012 with the Kurkinen crew {have you met their ginger mohawk-ed 5 month old?!!  cute cute and more cute}
                                             
husband and my first married christmas turned out wonderfully.  we opened stockings and presents all before 9:45 am and hung out in our sweats until 6 pm :)  there may have been lots of snuggling and movie watching involved.

the new year has started off nicely, making mass amounts of shepherds pie for an organization called HOMEpdx and a wonderful meal and service with our theophilus family.  mr. crocker and i are really excited to see where 2012 might take us!  as far as resolutions go, i'm planning on being fast-food free for the year {maybe more} and just being a healthier me.  husband is planning on helping me out but i might need a few more accountability partners {and workout buddies}.  if you are in my area, lets go for a jog!

i hope your holidays and new year was filled with love and fun :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice holiday. Happy 2012!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be your walking buddy in March ;) That is, if you don't mind making the trek to N. Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, I'm catching up on some blog reading and I'm loving yours! I will def be your running buddy next time I'm in Portland. :)

    ReplyDelete