Skip to main content

to live is Christ, to die is gain.

The apostle Paul wrote those words in Philippians 1:21...God did some miraculous work thru Paul didn't he!? After Paul saw the light (literally) he traveled to Judea, Syria, Cilicia, Galatia, Pamphylia, Asia, Macedonia, Achaia and Italy. WOW. I've shared God's word....via skype to my bestie Nicole and...uhhh..shoot. What am I doing?! Yikes, I'm so ready to go, to tell of God's glory, to "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and teaching." (2 Tim. 4:2) Its convicting to know that I really haven't done as much as I could be doing, if I died, I have no doubt I would meet Jesus, my Lord and Savior would know my heart and how much I love Him and my willingness and readiness to share Him with the world..but I also know He will stand before me and say, Look at what you could have had, if only you had come to me sooner, done My work rather than yours. In one of my earlier posts I had written 2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." (NKJV) It came up again today in my devotional time. I pray that I can start doing more good for Christ, that my pile of good will be bigger than my pile of evil. That when I die, I will be able to say "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7)
August can't get here any sooner! I feel very unprepared to teach God's word, everyday when I read, I write down scripture after scripture, praying that they will stick, that I will be able to use them when I have conversations with friends, family...strangers. I can't wait to go to Bible college and study the entire Bible in depth, to become closer to God than I can even imagine right now and share with everyone the works and wonders of our God. A few days ago I went to a movie with my friend Robert, The Book of Eli. Okay, I'm about to ruin it guys so if you haven't seen it and you want to be surprised stop reading (sorry). I cried at the end..and Robert asked me if it was because we found out that he was ..... and I said yes, then at home, listening to the wind I realized that that was NOT the reason I cried, it was because this man who had followed God's instructions didn't need the book to share the word of God, because he had it all memorized. The entire Bible. *sigh, here I am teary eyed again. That is faith, what he had was true pure love for God, and more faith and trust than we can fathom. I realize it was just a movie, but I also realize that it is entirely possible, and I long for that closeness with our Father. So I will leave today's blog with this verse. 2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me, Tracy... I LOVE it and I'm excited to see what God is/will be doing your life... Reading your first post, I was reminded of a verse in Revelation that says (slightly paraphrased), [She] overcame him (Satan) because of the Blood of the Lamb and because of the word of [her] testimony..."
    I'm praying for you, sister... God's BEST blessings!

    Only by His Grace!
    ~*bev*~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've been HALFway reading.

Guys. I've started around 512 books over the last few months. I haven't finished any. GAH. Here's just a few - Divergent by Veronica Roth. I'm so excited to actually keep reading this. I loved the movies but feel like the books are ALWAYS better. I haven't read much of this one yet because I feel guilty every time I pick it up. I always feel like I should be reading something that will improve me. I'll finish it some day. Simple Steps to Foot pain Relief by Katy Bowman, MS. I started reading this one for clients who have foot / knee / hip / back / shoulder pain. Basically any pain. I love trying to help my clients more than what they expect, so bits of information I can soak in and pass on are great! Katy Bowman does a great job breaking down the foot and then gives some awesome techniques on things you can do to help your feet. I'm close to done with this one actually, and thats good because it's due back at the library in a few days. Goo

Weekend

This weekend M and I got to go to Portland and spend some time with my sister and her family. She has two little boys and one on the way, so every second has noise/crying/laughter. Joellen and I got to spend some time away (went to the mall) which was a perfect break from chaos. I did get quite a bit of knitting done and was able to post some new stuff up on my Etsy shop ! I also got three custom orders (yay!!). If you see anything on my site you like but are interested in a different size, color or color combos just let me know! Here is a peek of my new product!