Skip to main content

#momlife thoughts.

A few months ago our family had a sit in front of the tv and binge on food movie night. We decided on Inside Out because we heard it was adorable-what I didn't know was how touching it would be- and how much it would make me cry!

The movie does such a great job explaining emotions and our need for - and the importance of - our emotions working together to understand the things we feel so deeply.

One part of the movie that really resonated with me was the huge impact that your 'core memories' have on you emotionally. The girl Riley had 5 core memories, Silliness, Hockey, Friendship, Honesty and Family.  Honestly I cried a WHOLE BUNCH during this movie, but even this simple part explaining these core memories made me sad. My little girl doesn't get to keep her core memories. Her life is SO much different than when she was born. Does she still have these old core memories? Are we rebuilding them or is she holding on to the old ones? Will we be able to build these in time for her to understand how much we love her, how important she is, and what will be a huge part of her future?

It was such a sad movie to be a child's movie, but she wasn't upset by it. The first thing Peanut said after it ended was that it was good that Sadness was there to help her at the end. My heart! This little girl has come such a long way in the last 2 years since her big transition to having a full-time mommy and daddy, and I am reminded that we still have a very long way to go. 

This morning I was reading Hebrews 10:36 - 'For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise'.

We are all just chugging along, not so patiently sometimes, but knowing this is not a short sprint, it is a marathon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

to live is Christ, to die is gain.

The apostle Paul wrote those words in Philippians 1:21...God did some miraculous work thru Paul didn't he!? After Paul saw the light (literally) he traveled to Judea, Syria, Cilicia, Galatia, Pamphylia, Asia, Macedonia, Achaia and Italy. WOW. I've shared God's word....via skype to my bestie Nicole and...uhhh..shoot. What am I doing?! Yikes, I'm so ready to go, to tell of God's glory, to "Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and teaching." (2 Tim. 4:2) Its convicting to know that I really haven't done as much as I could be doing, if I died, I have no doubt I would meet Jesus, my Lord and Savior would know my heart and how much I love Him and my willingness and readiness to share Him with the world..but I also know He will stand before me and say, Look at what you could have had, if only you had come to me sooner, done My work rather than yours. In one of my earlier posts I had writ

What I've been HALFway reading.

Guys. I've started around 512 books over the last few months. I haven't finished any. GAH. Here's just a few - Divergent by Veronica Roth. I'm so excited to actually keep reading this. I loved the movies but feel like the books are ALWAYS better. I haven't read much of this one yet because I feel guilty every time I pick it up. I always feel like I should be reading something that will improve me. I'll finish it some day. Simple Steps to Foot pain Relief by Katy Bowman, MS. I started reading this one for clients who have foot / knee / hip / back / shoulder pain. Basically any pain. I love trying to help my clients more than what they expect, so bits of information I can soak in and pass on are great! Katy Bowman does a great job breaking down the foot and then gives some awesome techniques on things you can do to help your feet. I'm close to done with this one actually, and thats good because it's due back at the library in a few days. Goo

Weekend

This weekend M and I got to go to Portland and spend some time with my sister and her family. She has two little boys and one on the way, so every second has noise/crying/laughter. Joellen and I got to spend some time away (went to the mall) which was a perfect break from chaos. I did get quite a bit of knitting done and was able to post some new stuff up on my Etsy shop ! I also got three custom orders (yay!!). If you see anything on my site you like but are interested in a different size, color or color combos just let me know! Here is a peek of my new product!